AustStab is pleased to advise the 3rd Australian Pavement Recycling and Stabilisation Conference will be held at the Pullman Hotel, King George Square, Brisbane Wednesday 7th August 2024.
The one-day conference will be held in conjunction with other activities over three days from Tuesday 6th to Thursday 8th August 2024. The full program is outlined below – registrations will open early March 2024.
Tuesday 6th August 2024
– 12:00pm: Golf (9 hole Ambrose Competition) – Ashgrove Golf Club
– 7:00pm: Networking Function (including Golf Presentation) – Sixteen Antlers Bar – Pullman Hotel, King George Square, Brisbane
Wednesday 7th August 2024
– 8:30am: 3rd Australian Pavement Recycling and Stabilisation Conference – Grand Windsor Ballroom – Pullman Hotel, King George Square, Brisbane
– 7:00pm: AustStab Gala Dinner and Awards Night – Grand Windsor Ballroom – Pullman Hotel, King George Square, Brisbane
Thursday 8th August 2024
– 9:00am: AustStab Annual General Meeting – King George Room – Pullman Hotel, King George Square, Brisbane
You will not want to miss any of these events, so make sure you put these dates in your calendar. And keep an eye out for the following announcements:
- Nominations for the AustStab Awards of Excellence
- Registrations opening
Call for Abstracts
Submissions are invited for presentations (and optional technical papers) at the 3rd Australian Pavement Recycling and Stabilisation Conference to be held in Brisbane on 7th August 2024.
Presentations of 20 minutes duration may cover any aspect of pavement stabilisation consistent with the general conference theme of Designing for Reuse and Resilience under the following general topics:
- Innovations and Research, including the introduction of innovations in design, materials, equipment or processes and research outcomes from laboratory investigations and trials.
- Stabilisation, including application across road pavements, airfields and rail with a focus on case studies of work undertaken for Local and State Government.
- Construction Excellence, showcasing leading practice in construction of stabilised pavements and quality outcomes.
- Sustainability and Resilience, demonstrating safety, health, environmental, social and financial benefits of stabilisation.
Presentations may be focused on national or international perspectives and submissions highlighting best practice within Queensland and local government applications are strongly encouraged.
Submissions detailing the following information must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business on Monday 4th March 2024:
– Presentation/Paper title
– General topic (Innovations and Research, Stabilisation, Construction Excellence, or Sustainability and Resilience)
– Presenter name/s, job title, affiliation and contact details (email and mobile phone number)
– Abstract of no more than 300 words
– Whether a technical paper will be submitted in addition to a presentation
Monday 4th March 2024 – Call for Abstracts closes
Friday 22nd March 2024 – Applicants will be advised if they are successful
Friday 3rd May – Draft technical papers due*
Friday 31st May – Final technical papers due*
Friday 21st June – Draft presentations due
Friday 19th July – Final presentations due
*Technical papers will be peer reviewed.
Presenters must consent to the publication of their presentation in PDF form on the AustStab website following the conference.